Thursday 11 October 2012

Character Moodboard

After writing the idea for the animation, a mood board was needed to help in the creation of the main character, the butler. It was relatively hard to find unique imagery of a butler as I wanted this character to have a different look in comparison to the obvious attire of a butler but to still resemble the loyal helpers in some way. As seen in the mood boards, there are several images of Alfred from the Batman franchise. I wanted to see what other artists thought of the character over the years which would help me observe each iteration and allow me to develop my own character.

After finding several images of Alfred, there were a few images of butlers' I found amusing but helpful. Following the research of the butlers themselves, their attire was another aspect that needed attention. As most bulters are loyal servants of their rich masters, most of them are all dressed in sophisticated attire so I began searching for gentleman's formal clothing to see what fashion would be revealed. Several images were used for the mood board which show old illustrations of bulters dressed formally, along with individual shoes, shirts, waistcoats and more.

After locating enough images to create the mood boards, the next step was to sketch a concept of the butler.




No comments:

Post a Comment